What Is Gynecomastia?
A very common condition in men is overdeveloped or enlarged chest. This is known as Gynecomastia. It can occur at any age is usually a result of obesity, hormonal changes, side effects of a certain drug, or even heredity.
While it may not be life-threatening, it can certainly leave an emotional impact causing men to shy away from certain physical activities and even intimacy.
Gynecomastia is often characterized by the presence of excess fat in the chest area, excess glandular tissue development, and sometimes excess breast skin.
What Are The Causes Of Gynecomastia? And What Are The Different Types?
The most common cause of Gynecomastia is an imbalance between the female hormone ‘estrogen’ and the male hormone ‘testosterone. Estrogen is responsible for the growth of breast tissues while testosterone has an inhibitory effect on the same thus preventing excessive growth. When estrogen levels begin to rise in the male body, it leads to ‘male breast enlargement’.
Based on the severity, it can be classified into four different types:
- Grade 1 is minimal enlargement without any excessive skin over the chest.
- Grade 2 is moderate enlargement but without any excess skin over the chest.
- Grade 3 is moderate enlargement which also includes excessive skin over the chest.
- Grade 4 is the most severe and shows signs of not only marked enlargement but also excessive skin over the chest.
How To Treat Gynecomastia?
Some mild cases of gynecomastia can often be treated with a controlled diet, medication, and even Ayurveda but more severe cases require a surgical procedure to remove the excess fat. This process of removal also includes the removal of the breast gland to prevent any regrowth.
How Should One Prepare For The Surgery?
While every surgical procedure comes with its own set of risks involved, there are a few things one can do to prepare for the surgery and avoid any complications.
- Get a complete medical check-up done to look out for any pre-existing conditions such as blood pressure or diabetes.
- Avoid the use of substances such as alcohol, tobacco, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Inform your doctor of any conditions.
- Check with the medical facility for the duration of stay pre and post-surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothes and do not eat or drink at least 6 hours before the surgery.
Which Is The Best Medical Tourism Destination For Gynecomastia Treatment?
Turkey is one of the most preferred destinations when it comes to Gynecomastia. This is not only because of the highly trained medical professionals and technical abilities but also the low Gynecomastia cost in Turkey.
When compared to other developed nations Gynecomastia surgery price in Turkey is extremely low starting at USD 6000. The cost depends on several factors such as the severity of the condition, location of the clinic, and duration of stay in the medical facility.
While several hospitals and clinics are offering male breast reduction, some renowned names include Anadolu medical center, Medical park Ankara hospital, Acibadem Maslak hospital, and Acibadem international hospital.
So if you are planning to get a Gynecomastia surgery done, Turkey should be your go-to place.