In our daily operations, we know that our company’s IT services are extremely important to the technology running smoothly and securely. Used in small and medium-sized businesses around the world, IT technology is an essential component to the seamless integration of a company as one unit.
Many products make up the IT technology a company uses, such as routers, switches, software, and firewalls. When looking at the various products available to purchase on the market today, some businesses may struggle to find which unit is best for their business.
Is The Fortinet Fortigate 30E The Right Firewall For Your Business?
Fortinet FortiGate 30E is a compact unit that contains a USB port, console port, WAN port, and 4x GE switch ports. Just because this unit looks like a typical router and firewall, it contains many more features than you might be accustomed to.
The Fortinet FortiGate 30E includes the Intrusion Prevention Scanning, Next Generation Firewall, Threat Protection, AntiVirus Scanning, Web Filtering, DNS Filtering, Application Control, SSL VPN, and a Web Application Firewall.
With an intuitive and user-friendly interface, this device is easy to figure out for those who have some practice in IT and electrical devices. The seamless setup increases the ability of this device to be used for businesses of any age or size.
Now that you have the product installed, we move to the network traffic visibility. Fortinet Fortigate 30E provides a FortiView, a screen that provides extensive information on traffic in and out of the WAN interface. This summary provides the user with an informative screenshot of the bandwidth used by the device, the bandwidth used by the application, and the category of the majority of traffic within your system.
On this traffic page, users can also look in the ‘Log and Report’ section to see the real-time traffic, application control, and filter certain events.
Benefits For Business Owners
For business owners asking themselves, ‘Is the Fortinet Fortigate 30E the right firewall for your business?’, they will be happy to find out this product features a Traffic Shaper. This feature lets you designate which calls are a high priority, ensuring your clients can clearly hear you while on the phone.
Furthermore, business owners may decide the Fortinet FortiGate 30E is the right choice for them due to the function to schedule firewall policies. Business owners can decide when their employees have access to certain functions and operations to maximize productivity.
The only downside of the Fortinet Fortigate 30E when deciding if this is right for your business is the need to purchase the FortiAnalyzer to see any events and activity that is happening in the past.
Fortinet Fortigate 40F Review
If you are deciding between the Fortinet Fortigate 40F and the 30E, you need to ask yourself – Is the Fortinet Fortigate 30E the right firewall for your business? In some cases, the Fortinet Fortigate 40F might be the better solution for your specific needs.
The FortiGate Fortinet 40F provides a fast, reliable, and secure SD-wan solution in a small and compact form, designed for use by enterprise offices, small businesses, and mid-sized corporations. By protecting against cyber threats, malware, and viruses by using secure SD-WAN, this software will keep your business safe and secure.
The Fortinet Fortigate 40F uses a simple, affordable, easy-to-use, and intuitive solution to help businesses of all sizes. The Security-Driven Networking approach provides seamless integration of the network and security for comprehensive protection.
Fortinet Fortigate 40F Specs
To get an understanding of why this option might be the better choice for you, we have included the specs to get an overall glimpse of this product:
- The Max firewall throughput is 5.0 Gbps
- Network interface ports are multiple GE RJ45
- The maximum connections are 700,000
- The new connections per second are 35,000
- The threat protection throughput is 600 Mbps
- The maximum supported wireless access points is 10
- The price of the hard-ware only option comes to $495
- The Fortinet Fortigate 40F can identity thousand of applications to keep your network secure and enforce policies
- Protects against viruses, malware, and malicious websites, filtering the encrypted and unencrypted traffic
- Protects against unknown attacks using threat intelligence and security services
- Utilizes threat protection performance and security processor technology
- Provides performance and protection for encrypted traffic
- Received third-party certifications
- Tested and validated for security effectiveness and quality performance
- The management console is simple to use and provides network automation and visibility
- Provides Zero Touch integration
- Uses compliance checklists to analyze best practices
- Delivers networking capabilities that integrate with security to effectively utilize resources
- Delivers high-speed interfaces for seamless WAN deployments
- Enables Fortinet to provide greater visibility, end-to-end detection, threat intelligence data sharing, and remediation
Benefits Of The Fortinet Fortigate 40F
If you are deciding between the Fortinet FortiGate 30E and the Fortinet Fortigate 40F, there are many positives of the 40F that can sway your decision.
- The Fortinet Fortigate 40F is compact and lightweight for easy installation.
- This option is fanless, making sure it does not make loud noises when in use.
- The Fortigate 40F is affordable and low-priced when compared to other alternatives. This makes it a good option for startups and small businesses who are looking to cut costs.
- The Fortinet Fortigate 40F is secure, making reliable data transmission seamless.
- Uses the soC4 SD-WAN ASIC processor for application control, VPN capabilities, and advanced networking options.
- The FortiGate 40F can reach maximum throughput speeds of up to 5.0 Gbps, making it an extremely fast processor for being so small and compact.
How Can Fortinet Fortigate 40F Help Your Organization?
Fortinet provides enterprise applications in a small and compact size at an affordable price that is attainable and realistic for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and struggling startups. The product features endpoint protection that small businesses require for legal compliance measures. Furthermore, the managed service provider can easily set up and keep track of this product while in use.
What Is Most Valuable With The Fortinet Fortigate 40F?
The main reason why businesses look to purchase the Fortinet Fortigate 40F over other choices is a small size, VPN solution, and integrated access points. With a simplistic design, the easy-to-use nature of this unit outweighs the powerful speed of the 30E. When asking yourself ‘is the Fortigate 30E right for your business?’, you may find the 40F is a more simplified and protective option.
What Can Be Improved With Fortinet Fortigate 40F?
There are various configurations possible when using the 40F service. The only issue that can arise from using the 40F in comparison to other products helps deploying the unit for beginners who are not well-versed in information technology, firewalls, and routing.
For small businesses and solo entrepreneurs, the firewall should be able to self-configure to aid in the setup. However, in this case, the firewall does not self-configure by using a protected wireless network for internal gear. Instead, the user has to build and configure the security protocols, SSIDs, and VLANs.
How Is The Initial Setup Of The Fortinet Fortigate 40F?
When deciding if you want to use the Fortinet Fortigate 30E or the 40F, set-up and ease of use can have a big influence on your final choice. Regarding the 40F, the initial setup can be complex for some users if they have a lack of experience with a Fortinet Fortigate product. However, despite the complexity, there are many features associated with the program.
Fortinet Fortigate 40F Reviews
When looking at user reviews of the Fortinet Fortigate 40F, this product received an 8.8 out of 10 on TrustRadius. When asking yourself ‘is the Fortinet Fortigate 30E right for your business?’, you need to evaluate the user ratings and reviews of the 40F to see if the product is reliable and trustworthy.
In this case, the Fortinet Fortigate 40F has high scores across the board. Some other positives users stated about this product include:
- VPN client is easy to use and can be personalized for your unique business
- All features are enabled on the firewall without any detriment to the performance
- Easy to configure an interface on the firewall
- Excellent technical support with a quick response time to help troubleshoot issues
- Provides intrusion protection, application control, and web filtering
- Easy management and detailed logging for tracking performance
- Cost-effective firewall with enterprise-grade features
- Full visibility into various users, devices, and applications across the entire surface
- Automatically blocks threats on decrypted traffic
- The application performance is consistent and reliable
- Simplified and intuitive workflow for employees to quickly figure out the system
Businesses need to determine whether the Fortinet Fortigate 30E or Fortinet Fortigate 40F is the right choice for their unique company needs. With various differences across the board, analyzing the features, networking capabilities, management tendencies, security fabric, performance abilities, and certifications of each program can help management staff make a well-educated decision about which SD-wan solution is most effective for their business.