It’s all over the internet, and everyone seems to be talking about it, but what do you really know about ChatGPT AI outside all the hype? The answer is probably not a lot, after all, very few people are actually explaining what ChatGPT actually is, so let us do it for you.
What exactly do you need to know about ChatGPT overall?
Who Is Behind ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is the brainchild of OpenAI, an AI and research company based in San Francisco, which created and launched ChatGPT to the world in November 2022. They made the platform by building upon existing Ai tools to train the program in billions of written words, using the internet as a space to find the information required.
ChatGPT’s strength is its ability to mimic a real conversation, so the AI can remember what was said in the conversation previously, as well as be able to explain and elaborate on ideas and apologise if something is wrong. This is partially the reason that people connect to ChatGPT more than other AI, as it feels more human, and less like AI.
How Do You Use It?
There are many applications for ChatGPT, and this includes customer service, hiring and training staff, online shopping and streamlining operations on top of providing a better customer experience online, and that’s just to name a few.
Chat GPT can also additionally be used to create stories, which means users can explore virtual worlds created within the AI, like reading a novel, but not like one made by a person.
Some Of Its Uses
ChatGPT has some very specific uses, but it’s important to remember that as the technology is only in its Beta version, these applications haven’t been tested yet.
- Use a chatbot to generate answers to better automatic customer service tools online.
- Generate a response in the chatbot for more natural interactions with clients.
- Brainstorming ideas on a specific topic in detail.
- Creating communications like email responses and product recommendations, providing the AI is trained on your products.
- Translate one piece of content across many languages.
- Summarise long documents by generating recaps.
How Do You Get Started With The Platform?
ChatGPT requires an account for you to use the platform, and as it’s currently in its Beta, it’s free to use. Open AI then tries to show you how to get started, and all you have to do is ask ChatGPT a question or a query and go from there.
It’s quite easy to use, but it’s important to remember that it may be monetised in future due to the increased demand that the platform is now receiving, so if you want to learn how to use it, now’s the time.
The Limitations Of The Platform
Although ChatGPT is powerful and useful, it is important to be aware of its limitations before you consider using it and here are some things to consider.
- Chat GPT can only ever provide answers it has been trained on, and this is a limited bracket of information.
- The knowledge ChatGPT has been trained on was only up to 2021, so if you ask a query for a current question pertinent to this year, it cannot process the request as it doesn’t have the information.
- ChatGPT uses the information it was trained on to generate responses. This leaves ample room for error, so the output should be fact-checked.
- The chatbot sometimes cannot provide in-depth information or understand the context and may miss conversational nuances.
- Due to being trained on certain information, this information may have bias, this means the information coming out from ChatGPT can also be biased, and offensive content may also come through.
Need Help With AI?
Marketing experts, like those at Perfect Link Building, can help you understand how to harness the power of AI to make life easier for you in terms of managing your marketing needs. This includes understanding how the AI works and what its limitations are, as well as how to capitalise on its many benefits while avoiding or circumventing the limitations.
For more information about ChatGPT, and how it will help your marketing campaigns, contact PLB now.