Staying healthy is a vital part of life. It is essential to stay healthy when we are young as it helps reduce our chances of getting health issues later in life. As well as this, it also helps us stay free of chronic diseases, such as cancer and heart disease. Some more critical advantages of eating healthily and being active are that you will live a longer life, keep the medicine bills down, look great, and have more energy in your everyday life.
For many years, racket sports have been considered one of the best sports to keep us fit and healthy. To explain why people think this, we will discuss what racket sports are and how they help keep us healthy.
What Are Racket Sports?
It’s pretty self-explanatory; a racket sport is a type of sport where you use a racket to hit a ball or a shuttlecock. Racket sports can be played competitively or just for fun and are an excellent form of physical exercise. Depending on which racket sport you choose, these sports will count as either vigorous or moderate aerobic activity.
The Most Popular Racket Sports
Some of the most popular racket sports in America include:
- Badminton –Badminton is the second most popular sport in the world, behind soccer. Millions of people play badminton each year in the US.
- Squash – This game was first played in the 19th Since then, it has gone on to become one of the most popular racket sports in the world.
- Tennis –Tennis’s origins date back to the 12th century when French monks hit a ball across a net with their hands.
- Pickleball – This outdoor game incorporates tennis, racket tennis, badminton, and pong. This game was first played in the 20th century, and since then, it has become an extremely popular sport. However,Pickleball isn’t the most straightforward game to play as the rules of Pickleball are harder to learn than the sports listed above.
Why Are Racket Sports So Healthy?
Once again, in 2023, racket sports were crowned the healthiest sports to play, but why is this? Here are some of the top reasons why racket sports are so good for you:
- They help to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and anger.
- They help improve brain cell growth and learning ability.
- They increase alertness, attention, and focus.
- They lower blood pressure – this is the main reason people choose to play this type of sport.
- They reduce the risk of certain diseases, including Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- They help improve a person’s balance, strength, and flexibility. All of these things are essential for lifelong fitness.
- Anyone can play them – racket sports can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. Those less able can play games like badminton, and those with more experience and better fitness can join in games like Pickleball.
If you’re among the millions of people in the US looking to get healthy, why not try a racket sport? As you can see from the information above, racket sports not only help improve your health, but they can also be a great deal of fun.