As parents, it is only natural for you to worry about the shape of your baby’s head and prevent flat head syndrome. This is generally caused when the baby doesn’t get enough tummy time or if the little one is left on their crib mattress all day without a baby head shaping pillow.
Perhaps, for this very reason, a baby flat head syndrome pillow is invented that makes sure of the baby’s head shape and also prevents breathing difficulties that could cause a sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
The best solution, as mentioned in the above paragraph is to get flat heads special flat head pillow for babies to prevent flat head syndrome in babies. Keeping in mind the importance of these baby pillows, Parenthood Bliss has curated a list of the top 5 best baby pillows for flatheads that will ensure the baby lies in a comfortable position and breaths well. But before that:
Is The Baby Head Shaping Pillow Safe To Use & Does It Really Prevent Flat Head Syndrome?
Yes, these head shaping memory foam pillows are completely safe to use and it is the best option for babies who have flat heads and are also experiencing difficulty in breathing. Perhaps, if you happen to notice that your little one faces difficulty in lying comfortably or cannot move their head on a flat surface, then you need to get these newborn baby head shaping memory foam pillows.
Listed below are a few reasons that highlight the importance of these Plagiocephaly baby pillows for your newborn:
- Helps the baby to easily breathe: These baby pillows allow the baby’s head to be positioned in a way that it helps them breathe comfortably and have a TUV certification, implying them to be anti-suffocation. The pillow’s volume is composed of 94% air, allowing the infant to breathe comfortably, made from either cotton or 3D air mesh fabric, keeping the little one free from allergies.
- The pressure on these baby pillows is redistributed: Lying in one position is the main concern that leads to Flat Head Syndrome. Therefore, this memory foam baby pillow prevents that baby from undergoing much pressure and redistributes the pressure to all sides of the head.
- Allows a 180-degree head movement: This flat head syndrome baby pillow allows the little one to move their head in a comfortable position, preventing stiffness of the neck muscles and helps the baby to get a comfortable sleep.
5 Best Baby Head Pillow To Prevent Flat Head Syndrome
Listed below is a curated list of the top 5 best picks for baby head pillows by Parenthood Bliss:
1. WelLifes Baby Pillow For A Newborn
The Baby Pillow for Newborn Breathable is approximately 13×9 inches and features a sequential 3d air mesh that allows regulating the baby’s body temperature too due to its fabric. It is made using 100% certified organic cotton fabric that provides extra comfort and cushioning and has received many international certifications like Global Textile Standard and Organic Exchange Standard farming certification.
Its fabric allows flat spots that are resistant to microbes, has a concave shape and prevents and corrects the baby’s Flathead Syndrome.
- Has a 3d air mesh construction
- Is soft and durable that falls perfectly on the baby’s sensitive skin
- Is comfortable and has soft cushioning
- Resistant to microbes
- Helps to maintain the body temperature
- Has a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- When washed, the fabric is prone to shrink
2. Sweeter Baby Head Pillow
These sweeter baby pillows for flat heads are life-saving and promote proper sleeping position while ensuring that the baby’s head is properly aligned, preventing the plagiocephaly flat head syndrome, and also allows a 180-degree movement.
It features a bamboo memory foam make, provides extra cushioning, is comfortable, assists in pressure distribution, and the cover of this U-shaped certified organic cotton infant pillow is comfortable and soft, preventing flat head syndrome.
- The baby pillow is easy to use
- Is machine washable
- Is durable
- Falls comfortably and has a softcover
- Can be used in a crib, bed, bassinet, etc
- Isn’t quite suitable for a car seat
- Is expensive or overpriced
3. John N Tree Organic Protective Pillow
John N Tree’s organic cotton baby protective pillow is made from 100% organic cotton that is super soft and eco-friendly with 100% natural organic cotton with material that is naturally finished and measures approximately 15 X 8 inches.
It contains a Hypoallergenic polyester filling, allowing it to be allergy-free, has a breathable sequential 3d air, is dye-free, chemical-free, and helps prevent flat head syndrome plagiocephaly. Keep in mind to wash it with hand, and using cool or warm water is highly recommended. However, you can launder it in the washing machine too, but avoid using hot water as it could cause a shrink.
- These flat head pillows are safe to use for flat-headed infants
- It is free of microbes and chemicals
- Can be both, hand washed and machine
- This newborn pillow can cause a shrink if washed with hot water
- Includes rather rough stuffing on the exterior
- Does not last more than three months, in other words, is not durable
4. BabyLove USA Head Shaping Support
This anti-flat head newborn Baby Love USA Head Shaping Memory Foam Pillow works magically to shape the baby’s head and measures 11.6 x 1.2 x 9.2 inches. It is made from a pure BASF memory foam design and the foam is used to stuff using bamboo fabric.
The pillow is covered using cotton that is certified organic and helps keep your baby safe, feel gentle, and provides comfort to the infant’s head. It also promotes positional plagiocephaly that alleviates the pressure on the back of the head, ensuring good neck and head support to have a round head shape.
- Is durable
- Provides a comfortable neck support
- The cotton cover is washable
- Although it helps keep your baby’s head in good shape, it isn’t suitable for sleep
- Is expensive
5. Baby Hypoallergenic Polyester Memory Foam Pillow
This pillow is designed for the newborn and infant baby’s sound sleep, also providing them comfort. It promotes a proper head shape with good head and neck support, and prevents flat head syndrome.
The shaping memory foam pillow is used for construction, provides extra comfort and cushioning to the spine for active development in the early stages. It is hypoallergenic, breathable, and safe to be used as an infant pillow for a flat baby head. Adding on, it has an organic cotton fabric on the outside that is quite soft and durable and measures 10 x 9 x 1.4 inches.
- Is suitable for babies of 1 to 12 months old
- Is machine washable
- Easy to use
- Has a small size
- Is expensive
In order to prevent flat head syndrome, it is important for parents to narrow down the best baby head pillow that provides good head and neck support. Make sure to consider the features, efficacy, and comfort level that the baby’s pillow comes with, providing support to the infant’s head and neck.
FAQs: Top 5 Best Baby Head Pillows
1. What Are The Other Alternative Ways To Prevent Flat Head Syndrome?
You must, at all times, try to adjust the baby’s head in the right position, when sleeping on their back. Also,
- Turn the baby to an alternate position in the crib, considering how you first laid the baby down in the crib
- Try to hold your baby more often
- Make sure they have enough tummy time
2. Which Is The Best Material For A Baby Pillow?
It is important to keep in mind the material used in the baby head shaping pillow. Perhaps, it is recommended to use 100% organic cotton, which is the best filler, and the 100% visco-elastic memory foam pillow, which carries the same material that is used in most pregnancy pillows.
3. Do Pillows Help Correct The Skull Shape Of A Flat Head Baby?
Yes absolutely! In order to prevent flat head syndrome, it is important for the parents to opt for a baby pillow that helps with flat spots. One such is the baby flat head pillow, they are specially designed to help the baby with good head and neck support and also redistributes the pressure equally.