Master of Business Administration (MBA) has become a guaranteed path to success in the contemporary job market. Pursuing an MBA programme opens vast career opportunities and presents a lucrative career ahead. An MBA programme is more common among working professionals, entrepreneurs and aspiring business leaders. The eligibility requirements for attaining a business school vary from place to place. In few countries, even a fresh graduate is eligible to get admission in an MBA programme, while in some countries with top business school asks for work experience. If you are looking for a rewarding career ahead, you can build your management skills with global MBA programs in Berlin.
What Is A Global MBA?
The Global MBA is an 18-month postgraduate programme focusing on developing the skills of business aspirants. The course also prepares students to work on international platforms. Students pursuing this programme develop an understanding of essential management skills and leadership. The course also helps in critical thinking and allows you to make crucial decisions for an organisation. The Global MBA programme is slightly different from the traditional MBA programme.
Are You Eligible To Pursue An MBA Programme?
For pursuing an MBA programme:
- You must be 21 or above.
- You must have scored a minimum of 6.0 in IELTS for qualifying English language requirements.
- You must have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
- You must have at least three years of work experience.
How Much Work Experience Is Ideal For An MBA?
The work experience ranges between 1 to 5 years. Ideally, a minimum of three years of experience is mandatory in some world’s top business schools. However, some universities also ask for 4 to 5 years of work experience. But have you ever wondered why top MBA schools ask for work experience before MBA?
It is believed that students with work experience grasp the course well. They apply management theory to their existing practical knowledge while studying an MBA programme. Industries also look for MBA graduates with relevant work experience as they understand the industries’ workings better. Additionally, students have more access to better opportunities and better roles if they have relevant work experience.
As the market competition is growing exponentially, recruiters now have innumerable options of choosing students from different business schools. They prefer students who require less or no handholding. This saves time and the students have working ideas from day 1 of joining the office.
Benefits Of Having Work Experience Before MBA
- An individual will understand the MBA coursework much better than a student with no prior work experience in the area.
- With prior work experience, students will quickly grasp theoretical knowledge and score a high GPA.
- Also, companies hire students with work experience over others as they can excel in the role without any training.
- Lastly, it increases the weightage of your resume, helping you gain better opportunities in future endeavours.
A person with three years of work experience can apply to the Global MBA programme in the top business schools of Berlin for countless job opportunities globally.