Pay per click (PPC) marketing is an essential practice to be included in any successful digital marketing strategy. This guide is here to help you to understand a little more about what PPC marketing is and the best PPC practices for a PPC campaign in 2021.
What Is Pay Per Click Marketing?
PPC advertising platforms are essentially platforms that allow you to create pieces of content and show them to the users that you are targeting. They charge you money for this, of course, but don’t charge you based on the time they spend advertising. Instead, they charge you for each time somebody clicks on your content. You bid for these clicks – telling the platform that you will pay x amount for one click or 100 clicks. The highest bidder gets their content displayed. On some platforms, you will also pay for other actions, like impressions, views, engagements and more metrics and KPIs.
Benefits Of Using PPC
PPC comes with many benefits, including:
- It boosts your digital marketing practices
- You only pay when users click your ad
- It is action focused
- It provides valuable data
- It is flexible
PPC Trends For 2021
Made by factory has outlined some of the hottest PPC marketing trends for 2021:
- Video: The best performing content in mobile ads tend to use video. The use of moving pictures can boost brand awareness and increase search engine placement listings.
- Remarketing: Remarketing will result in a higher click through and conversion rate than first time advertising.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI allows for more relevantly targeted advertisements.
- Attribution Models: Leading businesses not only to take into account visitors that make purchases but all paths by which traffic arrived at the site.
- New Possibilities: Trends for new possibilities include looking towards snippets and map ads.
The Most Popular PPC Platforms
Each PPC platform has its own benefits and best practices. There are two main PPC platforms that dominate the landscape: Google Ads and Facebook Ads. Google Ads show adverts to customers based on what they are searching. The best way to get value from a Google PPC campaign is by showing your ad content to users who are actively looking for you, slightly further down your conversion funnel.
Facebook ads have a brilliant targeting system and allows advertising on Instagram. It is great for retargeting, especially those based on segmentations. It is also great for custom audiences – you will be able to introduce your brand to customers who had no idea you were what they were looking for. In a way, Google ads are about taking advantage of demand, and Facebook ads are about generating that demand. As a result, you will probably wish to stagger your ad spend between different platforms to reap the most benefits from an extended campaign.
It is worth noting that you should use PPC in a wider context – as part of a campaign that seeks to get both paid and organic views.