CBD — otherwise known as cannabidiol — is a compound found in the cannabis plant. The other well-known compound that originates from this plant is delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive compound that produces a mind-altering high that people get from smoking or ingesting marijuana.
However, while cannabis has long been known as an illegal drug, CBD is now a legal substance that is being made into tinctures, gummies, and oils for therapeutic use. In contrast to THC, CBD is not psychoactive and does not alter a person’s state of mind.
While research into its benefits is ongoing, many people are turning to CBD oil as a potential health supplement. Below are some tips on cooking with CBD oil and how you can use it.
Tips For Cooking With CBD Oil
Cooking with CBD oil requires a bit of knowledge as it is not like other traditional cooking oils. If you’re new to cooking with this supplement, heed the tips below:
- Be heat conscious: like most oils, exposing CBD to high heat can change its composition. While the jury is still out on whether heat has a negative effect, most people suggest it’s best to add the oil after you’ve done the cooking.
- Start small: if you’re new to CBD oil, it’s best to start small and gradually add this into your food. The key is not to overdo it.
- Be patient: if you’re taking CBD oil for its potential yet unconfirmed therapeutic effects, you’ll need to be more patient when using it in food. Unlike a tincture that goes straight into your blood stream, adding it to food means the effects will take longer.
- Incorporate healthy fats: CBD oil works best if it’s combined with other fats. Just make sure they’re of the healthy kind!
- Store properly: make sure you store your CBD oil in a cool, dry place to keep it fresh.
- Save expensive tinctures: while it may be tempting to use a premium CBD oil that you’ve purchased from itgelcbd.co.uk, it may be best to save these for when you want to take it on its own. Some experts suggest buying CBD-infused olive oils instead, as this will save you money down the line.
- Get creative: adding CBD oil to food is easy if you can get creative. This includes adding drops to your salads, smoothies, breakfasts, and more.
CBD Oil Food Ideas
Now that you understand a bit more about how to use CBD oil in your cooking, below are a few ways to incorporate it into your food.
Drinks are one of the easiest ways to add CBD oil to your diet. Some ideas include:
- Hot chocolate
Baking is another popular way to cook with CBD oil. Popular ideas are:
- Granola bars
- Breads or loafs
If you’re a fan of condiments, why not add a bit of healthful zing? CBD oil can be added to:
- Salad dressings
- Whipped cream
- BBQ sauce
CBD oil works well with savory dishes, too. Why not try drizzling it in (or on):
- Mashed potatoes
- Risotto or rice dishes
- Roast vegetables