Every year, electronic communication is improving. Various aspects of data processing, including speed, security, and quality, are increasingly demanding for information exchange. Before installing this or that software, it is significant to familiarize yourself with the specifics of this software, choosing only the best products.
The advantages of VeePN tools are also not standing still, continuing to grow in numbers. At the same time, developers pay attention to all the comments, delighting customers with new products. It is time to learn more about the FireFox VPN addon and other offers.
Modus Operandi & Various Aspects
The essence of different free high speed VPN technologies is the installation of special programs on devices with Internet access. These programs process IP packets transmitted over computer networks. The processing technology is implemented as follows:
- Analysis of the IP address of the recipient of the packet and selects the algorithm for encrypting the packet;
- Calculation and addition of a checksum to the packet, due to which the integrity control is implemented;
- Encrypting the packet, using one or another algorithm;
- The formation of a new packet header, where the address of its VPN agent is indicated.
When an IP packet is received, there is a variety of operations, among which are:
- Retrieves information about the VPN agent that sent the packet from the header.
- Choice of cryptographic algorithms and keys according to settings. After that, the packet is decrypted, and the integrity of the data is checked.
- The package in its original form goes to its addressee.
Free VPN tools offer many features to protect your data from intruders. Fast security VPN will allow you to forget the dangers and pitfalls while concentrating on your work. Installing VPN on Firefox and any other browser has long become more than just providing reliable protection. No intruder will be able to get to your data.
At the same time, there are many more advantages to this technology.
A Diversity Of Benefits
Historically, the term VPN refers to two information technologies that differ in their goals, tasks, and used algorithms:
- Ensuring the guaranteed quality of service for corporate traffic transported through global networks;
- Technologies for ensuring information security of corporate traffic transmitted through global networks (for example, the Internet).
The first group of VPN technologies includes various specialized QOS management technologies (RSVP, DiffServ, MPLS), and some basic network technologies with built-in QOS elements (ATM, Frame relay).
The second group of VPN technologies performs authorization of subscribers of corporate networks and cryptographic protection of transmitted data. As a rule, the technologies of this group are different implementations of the encapsulation mechanism of standard network packets of channel (PPTP, L2F, L2TP technologies), network (SKIP, IPSec/IKE technologies) and above OSI/ISO model levels (SOCKS, SSL/TLS technologies). These technologies are developing uncontrollably and are already used today to create distributed secure networks.
Until recently, the most widely used link-layer protocol for creating VPNs was L2TP. It provides encapsulation of network layer protocols (NETBIOS, IPX, IP) into link layer packets (PPP). This protocol has several advantages:
- Independence from the transport layer, which allows its use in heterogeneous networks;
- Support in the Windows 2000 OS allows you to build combined VPNs.
However, it is necessary to underline one of the disadvantages of VPN, related to L2TP. For guaranteed transmission of a secure packet over composite networks, all intermediate routers must support this protocol, which is an almost impossible condition that limits its use.
Today, one of the most implemented and perfect Internet protocols for building a VPN is the IPSec (IP Security) protocol. It provides authentication, integrity checking, and encryption of messages at the level of each packet. To manage cryptographic keys, IPSec uses the IKE (Internet Key Exchange) protocol. The main advantage of IPSec is that it is a network layer protocol.
VPNs built on a basis work completely transparently for all applications and network services. IPSec allows the routing of encrypted packets to networks without additional configuration of intermediate routers, as it preserves the standard IP header adopted in IPv4. Based on the above, when organizing a VPN, it is possible to suggest the use of IPSec-based technology, which will give all significant advantages.
So, a virtual private network is a technology that provides a protected (closed from external access) connection of a logical network on top of a private or public one in the presence of high-speed Internet. Installing VPN addon FireFox and other extensions is necessary for the following:
- Anonymous work on the Internet;
- Downloading applications, if the IP address is located in another regional zone of the country;
- Safe work in a corporate environment using communications;
- Simplicity and convenience of setting up the connection;
- Ensuring high connection speed without interruptions;
- Creating a secure channel without hacker attacks.
The currently open VeePN products continue to impress. The developers are true magicians.