Cloud computing skills have become an integral part of organizations, so choosing an AWS cloud architect certification that is recognized in organizations and validates your skill to speed up the value of cloud projects is essential.
Choosing the right AWS certification is very important, as that is the deciding factor for your future projects and deployments. Unfortunately, there are as many as 12 AWS certification paths, ranging from foundational, professional, and specialty learning paths, so often, you might need clarification on which AWS cloud architect certification is right for you.
We are here to guide you and help you invest in your future with the correct AWS cloud architecture certificate.
What Is AWS Cloud Certification?
AWS certifications are offered by Amazon Web Services to validate the technical cloud knowledge and skills of IT professionals.
It opens the door for individuals to research role-based certification for cloud practitioners, architects, developers, and operations. With an AWS cloud architecture certification under their belts, IT professionals can use their cloud computing skills to their advantage and open doors to rewarding new career paths.
Why Is AWS Certification Important?
In addition to demonstrating your competence, completing AWS certification training and passing the exam on your first try prove your perseverance and dedication to the field.
It is common knowledge that the costs associated with obtaining an AWS certification are high, especially considering that some candidates may need more than one attempt to pass the exam.
However, if you are one of the select few who passes the test on the first try, you will have demonstrated your achievements and value to the company you work for.
As a result, according to Payscale, the average yearly salary of a Cloud Solutions Architect is $129,522. At the same time, a senior solutions architect with a few years of experience can earn up to $139,430.
Why Get AWS Certified?
As it is clear to you, AWS cloud architecture certification is one of the most sought-after certifications. However, here are a few other compelling reasons to get your AWS certification.
- Get ahead of the curve: You can learn AWS with the latest tools and skills you can practically apply in your current role. In the tech space, it is necessary to stay relevant.
- Expand professional network: AWS certification opens doors to meetups, conferences, and other events. Because of this, you can interact with numerous people and develop your network.
- Better employment opportunities: It benefits your career growth and graph. You can gradually move to clear higher AWS certifications in the professional or specialty paths.
- Exhibit hands-on knowledge: Real-world case studies and problem-solving under the teaching of industry veterans are staples of any training program, and they’ll teach you a great deal as you expand your skill set.
Which AWS Certifications Are Most Appropriate For Architecture?
Here, in this section, we will explain in detail which AWS cloud architecture certifications are apt for you, and you can always choose the one that is most relevant according to your profile, goals, and experience.
1. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
You must start with the entry-level certification learning path, as this is the most basic level of AWS certification and can be attained with a week’s worth of dedicated study. Additionally, this certification can be used to study cloud computing fundamentals.
It will cover core AWS services, and this is the first certification you must aim for.
- Prerequisites: 6 months of managerial experience
- Exam Format: 65 questions with multiple-choice questions
- Duration: 90 minutes to finish the exam.
- Cost: 100USD
- Level: Foundational
Once you have mastered the foundational level and cleared the exam by understanding all the basics of AWS architectural principles, you can advance to associate-level solutions architecture certifications.
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
This certification shows that you have a firm grasp of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and can apply it to creating cost- and performance-optimized solutions. In addition, this certification can boost a person’s professional profile and income, as well as their credibility and confidence when working with stakeholders and customers.
Preparing for this certification will teach you how to set up, manage, and run systems on AWS that are scalable, highly available, and can handle errors.
- Prerequisites: Strong IT understanding and experience working with cloud storage.
- Exam Format: 65 questions with multiple choice
- Duration: 130 minutes
- Cost: 150 USD
- Level: Associate
After the foundational and associate levels, you can explore the professional level, which demands extreme knowledge, experience, and skills to master.
3. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional) certification is for those with 2 years of experience as a cloud solutions architect. Before taking the professional exam, it is recommended that you become an Associate AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
This professional-level certification tests your ability to evaluate cloud app requirements, design and deploy AWS cloud architecture, and implement cost-control measures.
- Prerequisites: 2 years or more experience, familiar with AWS billing console, AWS Management Console, AWS APIs, etc.
- Exam Format: 75 questions with multiple choice.
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Cost: 300 USD
- Level: Professional
By adhering to this guidance, you will understand the format of AWS certification examinations and the required skills.
You will also learn how to manage your time efficiently throughout tests, which will help you as you go on to more difficult professional or specialized certifications.
This article discussed all the certifications you can pursue to become a certified AWS architect. For your convenience, we have even divided certifications into categories based on the emphasis on experience and skills.
Therefore, you should start with the most straightforward certification, the AWS cloud practitioner, before moving on to the associate and professional levels.
However, if you want to learn from the best in your field, we recommend you enroll in Simplilearn’s AWS certification training programs, which give you the flexibility to learn at your speed with all the necessary study materials and case studies and the guidance of industry experts.